Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So I'm in Montgomery Alabama right now sitting in their public library taking advantage of their tax dollars. Here are some of my pictures from Atlanta, which is a really great city by the way.

This is where I constructed my bike after I got off the Greyhound. A young kid on a bike stopped to ask me if I needed a hand.



So I cut my finger really badly when I was working on my bike at the Sopo bike co-op in East Atlanta later that night. Great way to start the trip. I don't think I've ever cut myself that deep before. Probably should have got stiches but I had to finish working on my bike seeing as the co-op was closed the next day and I wanted to leave the day after. Luckily, one of the shop's founders helped me out. Great guy. Even helped me get back to the hostel. Just goes to show you that vegans are the nicest people in the world.

I decided to play doctor. Looks pretty good doesn't it. The black stuff around the gash is chain greese and that stuff is really hard to get off.

The next day I went to the Museum of the Puppetry Arts. Way cool. Saw some pretty famous puppets and learned all about the different kinds that there are. Later I went to Piedmont park in the middle on the city. Yes, that is where I am in the picture below. Totally beautiful and right downtown.


The biking so far has been pretty rough. There is more often than not an unsettling abundance of trafic and in Alabama they have yet to discover the 'shoulder of the road'. Or if there is a shoulder it is covered with massive rumble strips. I get really stressed when I think about having to get back out on the road. Ugh. But I'll get through it.

1 comment:

  1. "Congratulations you are now following The way of the bindle", so read my Twitter message:)

    Love your blog, both text and images!

    Ride safe and post a another photo of yourself - I want to see the new travel look:)

    Sue, xoxo

    ReplyDelete